[ExI] Could youse guys help me find a Scientific American cartoon?

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 11:22:55 UTC 2010

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 12:22 AM, Jeff Davis <jrd1415 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Wow! This is bizarre.  That's the cartoon all right, but it isn't.
> The one I remember was smaller format, steeper stairs, only three
> climbers, the modern human was climbing and looking forward and
> oblivious, and the caption was Lemur to cave man or vice versa.
>
> Now I'm really confused.

Scientific American did a review of the book, so they may have shown
the cartoon.

Here is the one still on sale at the New Yorker:
(presumably they pay commission to Garreau if he owns the rights)
<http://www.cartoonbank.com/2004/i-was-wondering-when-youd-notice-theres-lots-more-steps/invt/127579/>

There are many evolution cartoons around, showing lines of characters,
so you may be conflating several memories.

Cheers, BillK