[ExI] Let's play What If.

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Thu Nov 11 15:23:49 UTC 2010

> On Nov 10, 2010, at 3:40 PM, Alan Grimes wrote:

>> Of course the # 42 doesn't exist! It was invented just like every other
>> concept. That is not to say that the # 42 is either meaningless
>> or useless.

> If something has meaning then it is meaningless to say "it doesn't
> exist". And if it is useful too then it is not useful to pretend that it
> doesn't.

No. I don't group ideas with things that have tangible reality. For
example, a brain exists, it's tangible. However a computer simulation of
a brain has no tangible reality, even a microscopic examination of the
computer chips will not reveal it! Furthermore, a computer running a
simulation of a brain is indistinguishable from a computer running the
ABC at home project. ( my own machine is currently the 30th fastest on the
project! =P )

Ever consider the differences between a computer and a brain with
regards to a total reset situation? Lets say you had a stroke or a
momentary jolt of 10,000 volts through your head. You would be stunned,
and your brain would probably re-set itself a few times, but it would go
back to being a brain. If you do the same with a computer, *at best*
you'll get.

####
OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND.
INSERT DISK INTO DRIVE A:
####

=P

So yeah, I have a billion complaints about uploading not counting the
identity issue.

--
DO NOT USE OBAMACARE.
DO NOT BUY OBAMACARE.