[ExI] Eliezer S. Yudkowsky, Singularitarian Principles. Update?

natasha at natasha.cc natasha at natasha.cc
Sat Nov 13 02:01:13 UTC 2010

Quoting AlgaeNymph <algaenymph at gmail.com>:

> On 11/12/10 3:30 PM, natasha at natasha.cc wrote:
>> Regardless, Eli is a delightful speaker.
>
> Pretty good author too.  Anyone read his Harry Potter fic?

Just read it.  Cute.  Didn't like the issue with prettiness and found
it trite. Liked the acknowledgement that "the only rule in science is
that the final arbiter is the observer".  Enjoyed the part about "the
rationalist's version" and enjoyed the inward dialogue about
rationality. I prefer Wikipedia's story here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reality  But then maybe I'm not such a
fan of Harry Potter (sorry ... the story is not consequential enough
for me, although the special effects in the films are great!)

Natasha