[ExI] Let's play What If.

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Sun Nov 14 15:21:55 UTC 2010

On Nov 13, 2010, at 4:09 PM, Stefano Vaj wrote:

>>>    My point is that no possible evidence would make you a "copy". The
>>>    "original" would in any event from your perspective simply a fork behind.
>>
>>   I see no reason to assume "you" are the original, and even more important I
>>   see no reason to care if "you" are the original.
>
>  That is just another way to say the same thing.

And yet another way to say the same thing is "no possible evidence would make the copy-original distinction scientifically relevant"; theological relevance is a different matter entirely, but as I've said before I don't believe in the soul.

> You perceive continuity, that is identity.

You perceive subjective continuity, but how could it be otherwise?

> Previous "forks" are immaterial to such feelings.

Yes, and it matters not one bit if you are on the copy fork or the original fork.

 John K Clark