[ExI] Eliezer S. Yudkowsky, Singularitarian Principles. Update?

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 00:21:14 UTC 2010

Michael Anissimov wrote:
Marcello Herreshoff is brilliant for any age.  Like some other of our
Fellows, he has been a top-scorer in the Putnam competition.  He's
been a finalist in the USA Computing Olympiad twice.  He lives and
breathes mathematics -- which makes sense because his dad is a math
teacher at Palo Alto High School.  Because Friendly AI demands so many
different skills, it makes sense for people to custom-craft their
careers from the start to address its topics.  That way, in 2020, we
will have people have been working on Friendly AI for 10-15 years
solid rather than people who have been flitting in and out of Friendly
AI and conventional AI.

Okay, I am duly impressed with Herreschoff's achievements...

Oh, and Michael, your last name is the bane of my existance!  I always
want to spell it "Annisimov!" lol

John  : )