[ExI] Eliezer S. Yudkowsky, Singularitarian Principles. Update?

Aleksei Riikonen aleksei at iki.fi
Mon Nov 15 05:15:14 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 6:48 AM, Samantha Atkins <sjatkins at mac.com> wrote:
> On Nov 12, 2010, at 2:44 PM, Aleksei Riikonen wrote:
>
>> If people want a new version of Singularitarian Principles
>> to exist, they can write one themselves.
>
> Hardly.  I cannot speak for this Institute.   How would my writing
> such a thing be anything but my opinion?

No matter who would write such a document, it's just an opinion. There
is currently no codified "ideology of singularitarianism" that would
be owned by any single Institute.

Eliezer and other SIAI folks seem to like it that way, so there likely
will not be a codified document of Singularitarian principles coming
from their direction. So if there are people who want such a codified
ideology, they're going to have to codify it themselves.

>  I want to know what the SIAI current positions are.

That's a different thing than wanting them to present a codified
ideology. Just read their recent publications. This is a good start:

http://singinst.org/riskintro/index.html

--
Aleksei Riikonen - http://www.iki.fi/aleksei