[ExI] Errors in the Cordain paper (was Paleo/Primal health...)

lists1 at evil-genius.com lists1 at evil-genius.com
Mon Nov 15 05:54:57 UTC 2010

Max:

Thank you for jumping in and tackling the paleo information deficit.

I deliberately started with the Cordain AJCN paper because I wasn't
looking forward to dealing with the ****storm that often results when
the term 'paleo' is brought in, and hoped to slide it in sideways by
starting with the peer-reviewed science.  I was pleasantly surprised to
learn that I wasn't going to be the lone standard-bearer.

However, I must note that the Cordain paper makes a *huge*, and very
significant, series of factual errors in the section entitled "Fatty
domestic meats" -- and he carries those errors forward to this day, as
do several other paleo advocates.

This article describes the errors in detail:

http://www.gnolls.org/715/when-the-conclusions-dont-match-the-data-even-loren-cordain-whiffs-it-sometimes-because-saturated-fat-is-most-definitely-paleo/

His acid/base balance theory is also somewhat shaky, though its net
effects (increased vegetable/fruit consumption) are most likely beneficial.