[ExI] The atoms red herring. =|

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Tue Nov 16 02:38:04 UTC 2010

> You have said that if a person is destructively copied he does not survive. What does this imply about
> your view of survival?

As has been shown, that is difficult to argue with conventional logic
and reasoning, so let's try a completely different mind experiment. I
want you, right now, to try to mind-swap yourself into your cat, or your
computer or anything else you might find more suitable.

I presume the experiment will fail. So why did it? What evidence do you
have that the experiment will succeed if certain pre-conditions are met?
What are those preconditions?

(I have a whole pile of fresh material along this line of thought so
please bear with me. ;)

> Either that the same atoms have to be preserved or that there is some
other
> substace, not reducible to atoms or information that has to be preserved.

Don't quote me on things that you read into what I wrote. =|

--
DO NOT USE OBAMACARE.
DO NOT BUY OBAMACARE.