[ExI] Eliezer S. Yudkowsky, Singularitarian Principles. Update?

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 17 16:47:36 UTC 2010

On Nov 14, 2010, at 11:32 PM, Samantha Atkins wrote:

> I have disagreed and argued with Eliezer for many years without ever getting kicked out of anything including SL4.

I have great fondness and respect for Eliezer, but I regret to say that has not been my experience with SL4. I was never formally kicked off but on two separate occasions more than a year apart I was told to stop posting on a very active thread. On both occasions I was pointing out (and doing a rather good job of it too at least in my opinion) that the idea of a "friendly AI", a Jupiter Brain whose only motivation was to help the human race was utterly ridiculous and a intelligence that operated on a rigid set of goals like Asimov's 3 laws of robotics was mathematically impossible. Apparently some things were too shocking for Shock Level 4, I'm sorry the group seems dead though.

I did enjoy Eliezer's Harry Potter fan-fiction, years ago when I was young and foolish and giant reptiles ruled the earth I wrote one myself:

>  http://www.fanfiction.net/s/695802/1/A_TRANSCRIPT_FROM_WIZARD_RADIO

  John K Clark