[ExI] Computer power needed for AGI [WAS Re: Hard Takeoff-money]

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Nov 17 17:34:32 UTC 2010

... On Behalf Of Richard Loosemore

>> Great.  When can I get an early alpha to fire up on my laptop?
>
>> This is a pretty extravagant claim you are making so it requires some
>> evidence to be taken too seriously.  But if you do have that where
>> your estimates are reasonably robust then your fame is assured...
Samantha

>This is the kind of childish, ad hominem sarcasm used by people who prefer
personal abuse to debating the ideas.

>A tactic that you resort to at the beginning, middle and end of every
discussion you have with me, I have noticed.

>Richard Loosemore

No name calling, no explicit insults, this is not ad hominem, not even
particularly sarcastic, but rather it's fair game.  She focused on the
ideas, not the man.  It's an example of how it should be done.

Play ball!  {8-]