[ExI] More evidence for incomplete human adaptation to, grain-based diets

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 21:55:36 UTC 2010

On 17 November 2010 17:17, Dave Sill <sparge at gmail.com> wrote:

> How about "because I want to"? I *like* to eat grains.

That is an interesting point. Many people like heroin, and some other
exhibit a surprising tolerance thereto. Its dramatic effects (similar in
that to the "insulin flash" obtained when ingesting sugars) may in fact have
exactly to do with a similar poor adaptation to any massive administration
of the relevant substances.

Personally, I do not especially like sugars, carbohydrates and cereals, hate
the unavoidable need to restrict deliberately one's food intake if one
chooses indulge to them, and believe out of anedoctical evidence if anything
that we can have an equal or better life quality, andr life span, without
them, as we did for most of our species's  history

Thus, my ingestion thereof is strictly limited to the kind of very
occasional "gastronomic" experimenting (say, with ethnic cuisine or with
Michelin three-stars restaurants) one should reserve to what is objectively
dangerous *and* unnecessary.

--
Stefano Vaj
 <http://int.ask.com/web?siteid=10000861&webqsrc=999&l=dis&q=s>