[ExI] What might be enough for a friendly AI?

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Nov 17 22:07:25 UTC 2010

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Stefano Vaj
.

I am however still waiting for some help to understand the not-so-subtle
point "friendly to whom and why". :-)

--
Stefano Vaj

Well friendly to me of course.  Silly question.  And friendly to you too, so
long as you are friendly to me and my friends, but not to my enemies or
their friends.

{8-]

We did get your point Stefano, a damn good one.  If we had any help to offer
in understanding that not-so-subtle point, we would have offered it.  I see
the whole friendliness-to-a-species-that-isn't-friendly-to-itself as a
paradox we are nowhere near solving.  Asimov recognized it over half a
century ago, and we haven't derived a solution yet.