[ExI] Very interesting article for those interested in calorie restriction/fasting/life extension

J. Stanton js_exi at gnolls.org
Thu Nov 18 18:48:37 UTC 2010

"Glucose Hysteresis as a Mechanism in Dietary Restriction, Aging and
Disease"

Teasers:
"According to this mechanism, dietary restriction increases life span
and reduces pathology by reducing exposure to glucose and therefore
delaying the development of glucose-induced glycolytic capacity."
"Dietary restriction in most tissues produces a metabolic profile
indicating a striking shift away from glycolysis and toward lipid
metabolism, whereas aging produces the opposite profile relative to the
young ad libitum profile"

Note that this is presented as a theory, not as tested fact, and I make
no claims beyond that...but I would like to hear from people with more
CR/ADF knowledge and experience.

JS
http://www.gnolls.org

[Note: I previously posted from evil-genius]