[ExI] What might be enough for a friendly AI?

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 21:13:39 UTC 2010

2010/11/18 Samantha Atkins <sjatkins at mac.com>:
> I confess I sometimes get very bored and frustrated being only a somewhat
> evolved chimp and dealing constantly with the lovable but frustrating
> yammering of other slightly evolved chimps.  If I had a chance to introduce
> into the world something much more interesting and quite obviously better
> then I think it very likely I would do so.

Let us say that if austrolopithecuses had decided that it was best for
"autralopitecusship" to prevent "kakogenetically" the diffusion of any
hint of human-like evolutionary traits we would not be around.

What it is always surprising is to see people, not to mention
transhumanists and transhumanists who OTOH are quite acritical
supporters of ethical objectivism and universalism, who implicitely
appear to think that it would have been a very good idea for the
australopithecus, or even for some general Good.

Or who at least have an equivalent approach to the "risk" of further
evolutionary steps.

--
Stefano Vaj