[ExI] What might be enough for a friendly AI?.

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 18:46:35 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Samantha Atkins <sjatkins at mac.com> wrote:
> Did you ever read the series of challenges for the thought experiment of keeping such an AGI locked up?

No, where is it?

> Comparing Einstein or any other human to an AGI is a major error.

I was attempting to provide an example of a lesser intelligence
containing a greater one.

Mere intellect isn't enough to escape physical containment. In my
moron/Einstein example, you don't even need a moron. Just lock someone
in a jail cell, weld the door shut, and walk away. No amount of genius
is going to get them out of the cell.

-Dave