[ExI] a longevity sf story

Darren Greer darren.greer3 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 16:04:19 UTC 2010

>Thanks for this link. I'm still pondering that story.<

I've thought about it a few times since Damien posted it as well. It's
skillful, and I was quite moved by the last piece of written data announcing
the protagonist's choice of topic (Austen and Beauty) at the panel lecture.

At the same time, I was curious about the short description of the story
chosen by the editors: Life's too short? For Martin, it seems too long.
*
*
Reading that, you'd think that this story was making some kind of revelatory
statement about the philosophical rightness of a short or unextended life.*
  I didn't read it that way at all. *

**Darren

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 10:52 AM, MB <mbb386 at main.nc.us> wrote:

> Damien Broderick offered:
>
> > Tenure Track
> >
> > by Kenneth Schneyer
> >
> > <http://www.cosmosmagazine.com/node/3719/full>
> >

> Thanks for this link. I'm still pondering that story.
>
> The pain of losing those I love is with me always now as I grow older. It's
> hard.
>
> Regards,
> MB

"In the end that's all we have: our memories - electrochemical impulses
stored in eight pounds of tissue the consistency of cold porridge." -
Remembrance of the Daleks