[ExI] Towards a new transhumanist movement.

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 04:29:35 UTC 2010

2010/10/13 Alan Grimes <agrimes at speakeasy.net>:
> om
>
> This posting has been on my mind for the last few weeks. I had a minor
> illness but the medication was a doozy and it's taken a while to get my
> brain back into gear.
>
> Tonite, I intend to ramble on about what I think I've learned from my
> last ten years of trying to slow the stampede towards destructive brain
> uploading and then unveil a new strategy for promoting a future of
> diverse choices. (Whether I actually execute that strategy is another
> issue).

snip

Alan I agree with you that destructive brain uploading isn't a good
idea.  It violates medical, ethical and even engineering standards.

I have discussed an alternative on cryonet recently.

If you can do uploading at all, it is not much harder to make it fully
reversible.

In fact a person could be uploaded to the point they were completely
disconnected from their biological base and all the steps reversed
including memory of the time spent in the uploaded state, without even
the loss of consciousness.

If you don't have access to my recent cryonet postings, I can repost
them here.  This was also the background for "the clinic seed" story.

Keith