[ExI] Towards a new transhumanist movement.

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Thu Oct 14 14:01:41 UTC 2010

(argh).

> Alan,

> No prominent transhumanists are arguing that people should be uploaded
> even if they don't want to.

> You would benefit from paying attention to reality for a change...

Look, Aleksei, Lets start with Bostrom. As far as he is concerned, the
debate on what we should be in the future is long since settled.
Actually, he talks like a 12 year old who's just discovered boobies
about the subject. The only question that he will entertain any
discussion of is whether or not we are already essentially uploads in
someone else's simulation.

Now if you collar any of the "prominent transhumanists" you speak of,
sure they will croak out "sure sure, the choice is all yours." But when
it comes to actually making a promise to that effect, they will sternly
refuse, making some excuse about it being redundant or playing into
fears. Well, are those fears valid,

Furthermore, when someone as offensive as "Extropia D'Silva" starts
talking about uploading everyone, I'm usually the *ONLY* person to call
her on it, much less the first. Lord knows what they talk about when I'm
not present.

--
DO NOT USE OBAMACARE.
DO NOT BUY OBAMACARE.