[ExI] Towards a new transhumanist movement.

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 15:29:00 UTC 2010

2010/10/14 Alan Grimes <agrimes at speakeasy.net>:
> What I've learned is that trying to argue with uploaders is hopeless.
> You can't get them on philosophy, you can't get them on technicalities,
> you can't get them on logistics, and you can't appeal to a stronger
> desire. They literally live for the sake of sticking their brain in a
> meat grinder.
>
> My problem with that is that they've taken over the whole of
> transhumanism, and if the chairmanship of the "Future of Humanity
> Institute" at Oxford University means anything, then they've
> commandeered that too.

Mmhhh. Wouldn't know about that.

While definitely coming from "wet" transhumanism (as in
biotechnologies, genetic engineering, etc.) I am the national
secretary of one of the most visible local H+ orgs.

And yet my personal interests still have to do 50% with enhancements
of biological performances of our species, 30% with the extension of
its lifespan, and a mere 20% with robotics, cyborgisation, AI and
uploading.

I also take Gregory Stock's Redesigning Humans, which has indeed very
little to say on "migration to other platforms", to remain quite an
influential text for H+ circles. Or am I wrong?

--
Stefano Vaj