[ExI] Towards a new transhumanist movement.

Tim Halterman timhalterman at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 15:00:45 UTC 2010

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 7:03 AM, Keith Henson <hkeithhenson at gmail.com>wrote:

>  Question: can you get bored in Heaven?
>
> Keith

Given Heaven lasts for an eternity and Heaven is not all of existence I
would eventually become bored.  I'm one to believe that I can only
appreciate and have x amount of happiness if I've appreciated x amount of
sadness and can only find peace when I've experienced all there is of both.
An eternity of "happiness" is meaningless and nonsensical to me.  The only
way I could imagine myself not being bored in Heaven is if:
a.  I'm being deceived into thinking it's more than it is
b.  Some altercation to my consciousness has taken place to remove the
desire to become omniscient.

I'm not sure people could call Heaven a place where you are eternally
deceived (a) and for the later I guess that is no longer "me" (b).

-Tim