[ExI] Psi in a major science journal, J. Personality and Social Psychology

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 20 16:30:08 UTC 2010

On Oct 20, 2010, at 2:33 AM, Damien Broderick wrote:

> But if his typing is accepted by Nature or Science or Physical Review Letters, you would have to be extraordinarily gullible to accept such impossible claims just because a handful of nameless referees who also know how to type recommended publication to an equally gullible editor.

As I can not personally repeat all experimental results for verification it all comes down to a matter of trust. I prefer to trust a journal that has an illustrious history, such as publishing Watson and Crick's DNA paper and many more superb articles, rather than a journal I've never heard of claiming ASTOUNDING results, especially one dedicated to a squishy soft "science" like social psychology.

By the way, I don't understand why you didn't take me up on my bet, it's a easy way for you to make a thousand dollars. If you think my list of 3 journals is too short let me know, I could easily add more journals to the list that I respect. And I will give you another way to win the bet, if Warren Buffett invests in a company started by Bem to cash in on this revolutionary development and potential gold mine before October 20 2011 then you get a thousand dollars, you only have to pay me a hundred dollars if there is no journal paper or start up company investment by that date.

  John K Clark