[ExI] Electric cars without batteries

Henrique Moraes Machado (CI) cetico.iconoclasta at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 18:57:04 UTC 2010

Could someone who knows more than me about electric cars (I assume most people on this list probably does) and electricity in general enlighten me (with numbers if not too much trouble) on why no company has yet made a car with a gas turbine for power generation that feeds an electric engine?
As far as I know, there are very capable small gas turbines around nowadays.

Couple this with with an Einstein-Szilard refrigerator and the car could even have air conditioner solely feeded on the wasted heat of the turbine...

Far out?