[ExI] bug in outloading notion

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 22:04:56 UTC 2010

On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 9:14 PM, Brent Allsop wrote:
<snip>
> And even if intelligence beings for some incomprehensible reason, didn't
> notice or value how terrible and immoral isolation / loneliness was, they
> would face the same problem you mention, in that we would always fear some
> bigger powerful life force that evolved in some still distant location, that
> is way ahead of them.  It's all just irrational in my way of thinking.
>
> All such antisocial / hateful type of future thinking, in my mind, is just
> full of irrational bugs that don't make any sense to me.

That's one of my possible reasons for intelligent species not
colonising the galaxy.

Once they develop an incredibly dense network of being always
connected to each other and their systems, it will become unthinkable
to cut themselves off from the network and go off alone for years
exploring. They would be considered 'insane' by the norms of that
society. (And maybe treated and 'corrected' by their psychologists).

BillK