[ExI] Physics versus psychology

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 23:55:24 UTC 2010

On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 12:12 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

>> ...On Behalf Of Keith Henson
>> Subject: Re: [ExI] Physics versus psychology
>>
>> ...On this very mailing list I
>> analyzed the genetic basis of a model for the origins of both
>> religions and wars as well as a previous journal article on
>> the subject... Of course, such work is throughly politically incorrect and
>
>> thus not widely accepted, not even here... Keith
>
> Keith, I and perhaps a lot of people here find this area extremely
> interesting, but don't claim enough understanding of the topic to risk
> comment.  That is where I am.  My own understanding of the human emotional
> operating system is paltry indeed.  It would be embarrassingly so, were I
> capable of the emotion of embarrassment.

It's not difficult to comprehend if you have the background.

The human emotional operating system has been under intense selection
back to the origin of mammals if not before.  Those who managed to
successfully reproduce under conditions then current had "the right
stuff."

Google bdsm "capture-bonding" to see some of the weird twists that
emerge from something so simple.

Keith