[ExI] Clarification of me and uploading.

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 17:28:48 UTC 2010

2010/10/22 Alan Grimes <agrimes at speakeasy.net>:
> Instead, you are creating a philosophy and culture which places
> extremely low value on the viewpoints of people who don't agree with
> uploading.

Once more, I personally do not give much more thought to uploading
than I do to turistic cryonics, and am much more concerned for the
time being with the enhancement of my physical body and that of my
genetic offspring.

But how can one "not agree with uploading"? Uploading sofar is simply
a working hypothesis, but if upload procedures were widely available
"not agreeing with uploading" would sound to me as "not agreeing with
floppy disk formatting", "not agreeing with car washing", "not
agreeing with masturbation".

Either it is a matter of more or less irrelevant personal choice, or
we would actually be discussing prohibition... And, yes, I would place
a rather low value of the viewpoints of people advocating for the
organisation of some kind of anti-uploading police working (futilely?)
to ensure that all minds stay well inside biological bodies where God
has wanted them to be...

--
Stefano Vaj