[ExI] Deep roots of Quantum Mechanics [WAS Re: Psi in a major science journal...]

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 19:00:17 UTC 2010

On 24 October 2010 18:34, Richard Loosemore <rpwl at lightlink.com> wrote:
> What about precognitive effects?

We make more or less educated guesses regarding future events everyday.

If it could be demonstrated that
i) either unconscious inference mechanisms were put at work on
existing information; or
ii) additional unconscious data have been obtained which were made use
of by our inference mechanisms (including by psi means, such as remote
viewing)
this may well be enough to exclude more esoteric effects.

E.g., let us say that I am able to anticipate which card you are about
to show. The most economical explication is not that I am a precog,
but that either I have a mean to infer what card you are going to
pick, or I know (because, e.g., I am  a telepath or a remote viewer)
and simply expect you not to change it before showing  your point
since you usually do not.

If we believe in determinism, the anticipated knowledge of all the
factors, and the ability to "calculate" their outcome, would be of
course tantamount to precognition.

Interesting question involving psi and quanta: is the effect size of
precognition, assuming it exists, any different with pseudo-random
phenomena (e.g., picking a card from a deck, throwing a dice) and with
intrisincally random phenomena (e.g., those of  quantum nature) where
the outcome is positively undecidable beforehand?

--
Stefano Vaj