[ExI] Retired military officers come forward about UFO visitations

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 25 14:13:03 UTC 2010

On Oct 24, 2010, at 6:33 PM, John Grigg wrote:

> John, I suppose when the aliens land their ships at the Seti headquarters
> and pose for photographs with the scientists there, you will finally be happy.

Yes that would make me happy, and I in no way think that the above is an unreasonable requirement for taking such a story seriously. In fact, if ET exists I'll be damned if I understand why his existence isn't far far far more obvious than that!

> Yes, I admit that despite all this first class testimony,

In general there is no evidence in all the world more unreliable than eyewitness testimony. If I meet a  ET the first question I'd ask him is why the hell you didn't engineer the universe; if those eyewitness can tell me what ET's answer was and the explanation actually made sense then my skepticism would be reduced.

> I wish there was rock solid physical evidence.

Rock Solid? You don't even have wet cardboard box solid physical evidence.

> [after a 1950's B movie scenario]  so decades later, when retired Air Force Colonal John K Clark
> talks about his experience (encountering an "IFO" of alien origins) at the National Press Club, many people roll their eyes and mock him, because he has no physical evidence...

I've never had a mystical experience, but if I did I'd have the courtesy to keep my mouth shut about it if the evidence for its validity was available only to myself. Even if I had discovered a new fact about the nature of reality there would be no way to communicate the news to others.

 John K Clark