[ExI] Let's play What If.

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 27 15:49:34 UTC 2010

On Oct 27, 2010, at 9:58 AM, Stathis Papaioannou wrote:

> Both have equal claim to being "you", but each copy feels that it is the real "you".

Exactly correct.

> This translates to a 1/2 probability of finding
> yourself the copy on the left or the copy on the right.

And that contradicts what you just said before. If the one on the right is you and the one on the left is you then simple logic demands that you will find yourself, that is to say you will be, on the left with 100% probability and on the right with 100% probability.

> This is a *subjective* probability

Objectivity is of trivial importance, subjectivity is the most important thing in the universe; or at least it is in my subjective opinion.

  John K Clark