[ExI] the truman show ai, was this might sting your interest

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 16:55:32 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 12:40 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> Of course the AI reads the internet, so they or it realizes evidence of its
> existence has been detected.  So the signal quickly goes out to stop telling
> the bees how to work the travelling saleman problem.  Result, the
> researchers are never able to reproduce the observation that originally
> inspired the article, nor is anyone else, so the whole thing is soon
> forgotten.

I hesitate to mention this... but that theory could be applied to the
psi thread(s) too.

I'd like to see both linked to the holographic universe principle as a
form of information either inside or outside the experiment having
impact on its results.

The reason I asked about the bees' communication is that the hive
reminds me of a massively parallel computing architecture.  While
researching genetic algorithms I saw a methodology for using GA on MP
architecture to solve TSP (yes, that's a lot of letters in place of
words)

If a bee is able to communicate energy consumed vs pollen retrieved as
measure of fitness, then it's "route" over some interval can be
measured on each return to the hive.  If higher fitness routes replace
lower routes the optimal solution is approached over time.  I wonder
how "prospecting" is managed in that context.

The reason I mentioned ants is their apparent optimization strategy
using pheromones.  The original article discussed network traversal
strategy in nature and the applicability to computer networks.  It
would be great to discover a digital equivalent of the pheromone trail
for packets of data to follow.

One of the more interesting strategies I read about involved
cloud-based machines simply migrating through the cloud to have
proximity on the same underlying hardware to minimize the physical
distance without affecting the logical topology of the network.
Point-to-point optimization is then a matter of pruning all the
now-redundant links in the logical network.

... these are the kinds of things on which I should be spending my 9-5
hours.  *sigh*