[ExI] Two Paths to Further Shrink Computer Chips

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 00:55:37 UTC 2010

Mike Dougherty wrote:
It will have just enough power to run windows 8 really well and it'll
come with a coupon to upgrade to windows 9, but within 6 months you'll
need to buy another computer.  As for the number crunching, it'll be
able to run 3x as many particle effects in Petville without lag.  And
cost will probably be 40 average person hours worth of work.  However
that's 3 month's salary because there will be so few actual jobs for
money that everyone has to share 4 hour work weeks after smart robots
take over and put us on semi-permanent holiday.

Mike, you make the near future sound about as much fun as the
present...  I can only imagine what you would say regarding a
fullblown Singularity!  ; )

John