[ExI] don't let your guard down, not for a minute...

Gregory Jones spike66 at att.net
Sun Sep 12 21:06:36 UTC 2010

--- On Sun, 9/12/10, John Clark <jonkc at bellsouth.net> wrote:

On Sep 10, 2010, at 11:20 PM, giovanni santostasi wrote:

"Without talking about celebrities in every field that are supported with lavish rewards by the capitalistic system simply because they are useful to distract and entertain so people don't have to think seriously about their alienation."

Of course, the people being entertained are those who voluntarily support the entertainers so lavishly.  Sounds good to me.  {8-]

I can't get out of my mind the only rock concert I attended in my misspent youth, a British rock outfit.  The tickets cost a ton of money (ten bucks was over three hours of minimum wage at the time), the stadium was packed, they played exactly three songs, it rained, the band left.  Took the money and split.  The fans rioted.  The city of Tampa banned Led Zepplin forever.  They didn't offer a refund on the tickets.  {8^D  Fortunately I didn't pay for mine, but rather was along only as the designated driver.

>John Clark <jonkc at bellsouth.net> wrote:

>>I'm not sure what you're referring to, hippy communes...

Hippy communes, those two words seem to go together.  But what if... someone decided to create a commune where you don't need to be hip.  Imagine a square commune, where squares are OK, geeks are cool, where people don't wear funny clothes, where capitalism is allowed, even welcomed, but the things that are logical to share are tossed together into the commonwealth for all to enjoy freely.

Oh wait, we already have that.  The internet.  Never mind.