[ExI] don't let your guard down, not for a minute...

Gregory Jones spike66 at att.net
Sun Sep 12 22:53:07 UTC 2010

> From: Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com>
> > Hippy communes, those two words seem to go together.
>
> Hippy science fiction fans, maybe. I think you mean hippie.
> They were mostly slender (like Spike, in fact, and indeed
> me).
>
> Damien Broderick

Thanks for the spelling correction.  I am puzzled at the ie ending, considering y ending often indicates a quality of being, such as in curly hair is hair with the quality of having curls.  In like manner, the term hippy means having wide hips I suppose, but could also mean having the quality of being hip, as would a hipster daddio.  The ie ending sounds a bit feminine to me, as in the alcoholic harlot Pinkie McDrinkie.

But I don't make the rules.  One must be hip to do that.  {8-]