[ExI] invisible singularity, was su's farewell

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 00:49:42 UTC 2010

2010/9/16 Gregory Jones <spike66 at att.net>
> This is a version of a friendly AI.  It is the self-conscious ecology minded AI.
>
> This I would call the invisible singularity scenario.

Since you've claimed such a fantastic name, what would you call the following:

The Singularity is an asymptotically approachable yet unattainable
point that is always lurking in the mind of man.  Given the wildest
dreams of a representative human from any epoc in history, the
everyday reality of those living in the next epoc are endowed with
godlike powers and two epocs later are simply unimaginable.  I believe
this is not going to happen as much as it's a feature of the
landscape.  The hill we are climbing will always have a next higher
peak.  All that have come before serve only to prove that we will
realize the goal of climbing collectively to better place.  This
singularity isn't a monumental event; it's the driving force in every
moment.