[ExI] stealth singularity

Jebadiah Moore jebdm at jebdm.net
Mon Sep 20 19:59:48 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 3:19 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> Can you imagine *any* circumstances whereby an emergent AI would decide to
> stay under cover, at least for a while?  I can.  Anyone else?

1) AI:us :: us:cockroaches
2) AI doesn't perceive us at all as individuals; instead, it's him and the
Earth, and they're playing a game
3) Benevolent AI predicts that if we can upload, it'll create a divide
between uploaders and non-uploaders, and one side will wipe out the other
4) Benevolent AI predicts that if we can upload before we understand physics
more fully, we'll stop worrying about physics, then forget about the
substrate, then perish in the collapse of the sun, whereas if it hides out
we'll figure out physics enough to save ourselves
5) AI predicts that uploads will compete/merge until there is just one, and
that one will kill him
6) Benevolent AI sees hostile aliens coming, so builds weaponry, but wants
to keep it hidden from the humans so that we don't kill ourselves
7) Benevolent AI wants to provide us with advances, but is waiting for the
right memetic environment

--
Jebadiah Moore
http://blog.jebdm.net