[ExI] World’s Biggest Supercomputing Superpowers [INFOGRAPHIC]

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 21 14:49:55 UTC 2010

On Sep 21, 2010, at 8:53 AM, Dave Sill wrote:

> It's a fact that there are supercomputers not listed on the Top 500.

That could be but I don't know it for a fact.

>  I wonder how fast China can catch up to us?
>
> As fast as they want to.

It's interesting that on the list of the 500 most powerful computers in the world the microprocessors in all but 3 of the machines were made by Intel AMD or IBM, all are companies based in the USA. The three exception were number 37, 42 and 383 on the list which had Japanese microprocessors. Nobody used Chinese processors including the Chinese.

 John K Clark