[ExI] U.S. deeply imperiled due to it's massive debt

Ryan Rawson ryanobjc at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 18:55:40 UTC 2010

The real problem here is the move away from the use of US currency as
a reserve currency towards a basket of currencies.  That combined with
a weak manufacturing base means paying back that debt is going to be
significantly more expensive in terms of real GDP percentage.

I am just really glad I don't have US citizenship, you can expect the
IRS to go crazy trying to collect from every last Citizen worldwide.
Images of Pamela from Accelerando should be coming to mind here.

Perhaps there will be a way for individual states to keep living
standards up?  Not everyone can move to California and NYC... plus if
you do the cultural memes right people will actually not want to move
there.