[ExI] End of time?

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Sep 29 16:22:32 UTC 2010

> ...On Behalf Of Keith Henson
> Subject: [ExI] End of time?
>
> http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/arxiv/pdf/1009/1009.4698v1.pdf
>
> I am not sure there is anyone here with enough math skills to
> evaluate this one, but if there are, I would like to hear
> what you think about it. Keith

Keith, I looked it over and can say the whole notion is safely outside my
know-cone.  Saul Perlmutter came to Lockheed and gave a pitch in which he
mentioned the idea as one of the competing de Sitter vacuum models, but
didn't offer any details.  That's been about 8 years ago.

Alan Guth had an accelerating inflation idea that was going around about 6
yrs ago called the Big Rip that might be related to this.  The notion didn't
make much of a splash in the cosmology community, and I never heard of it
again.

I was scared senseless that the Big Rip is 5 million years from now.  But
when they clarified it is 5 billion years hence, I calmed a bit.