[ExI] Atheists and agnostics know more about religion thatbelievers, study shows

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 06:48:12 UTC 2010

Spike wrote:
Sometimes I wish we lived in a world where the God debate did not take
place at all, where public discussion of such would be as quaint (and
about as charming) and medieval jousting. There is enough corporeal
investigation to keep us occupied for eternity. Questions will be
answered as we all go along, folks. Why waste our time by dragging a
creator into it? .

Alas, I'm being ridiculously naive.  It's a rationalist's Wonderland
I'm dreaming of.

Yes, you can be a tad naive about the nature of people and religion.
: )  This weekend I will be visiting a believer's wonderland in a
place called "Salt Lake City."  Though Mormon, I have never before
done the pilgrimage to what is known as "General Conference."

But the event that actually draws me to SLC is...

The Mormon Transhumanist Association's Spirituality and Transhumanism
Conference!

http://www.transhumanism-spirituality.org/

I look forward to saying hello to Max, Natasha, Dr. J, Brent, Lincoln,
David, and a bunch of other friends!!  We have an incredible list of
speakers and I am excited!

John  : )