[ExI] Raw vs. cooked (was paleo)

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 20:33:45 UTC 2011

On 3 April 2011 21:02, J. Stanton <js_exi at gnolls.org> wrote:
>Raw potatoes, for instance, are a bad idea, as are raw
> eggs...whereas certain raw veggies may be a good idea.

I have always thought that at least "normal" potatoes (I do not know
how to call them in English) were not not edible unless cooked. But
what would be wrong with raw eggs?

> Interestingly, raw meat is actually a very good idea nutritionally: it's
> bacterial and parasitic contamination we're worried about.

Since after all we are not into neoprimitivism, but rather technology,
why not produce bacteria- and parasites-free meat? Not such a hard
feat, I would say. Even though "bacteria charge" seems to be important
at least for gastronomic purposes. But be reminded that we eat here
our steaks in 15, as opposed to the US 40, days of dry-aging...

--
Stefano Vaj