[ExI] THE END for fossil power

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Mon Apr 4 22:47:49 UTC 2011

On 04/01/2011 07:33 AM, Mr Jones wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 9:58 AM, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org
> <mailto:eugen at leitl.org>> wrote:
>
>     What I find quite concerning is how few people find peak fossil
>     concerning.
>

> Ignorance is bliss.  At least for now.  Until the whole thing comes
> crashing down around their ears, and they're starving to death.

I was concerned enough to think through what it would take
technologically to be more than ready for Peak Oil.  BTW it turns out
there is a LOT more natural gas available in the US and Europe than was
thought.  Enough in the US for 100 years..  But I digress. What I can't
do anything about is anyone actually applying the solutions instead of
keeping their head firmly in the sand and wringing their hands like a
bunch of brainless ninnies.

- samantha