[ExI] Millions of tons to space

Dan dan_ust at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 6 18:00:12 UTC 2011

Given the likehood of Uranus and Neptune having rocky metal cores about an Earth
mass or so, this still means most of the rock and metal in the solar system is
off Earth, no? Of course, it'd be really hard to access much of it, but the same
applies to the rock and metal not in Earth's crust. (And, once you're off world,
it seems like the rock and metal available on Luna and smaller bodies would be
far more accessible and useable than the stuff packed into the Earth or any
terrestrial planet.)

I just don't see, at this time, such a shortage of these materials, that the
only possible attitude to take is Earth must be gobbled up for resource
extraction.

Regards,

Dan