[ExI] Efficiency of wind power

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Apr 6 19:28:19 UTC 2011

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Max More
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2011 10:11 AM
To: ExI chat list
Subject: [ExI] Efficiency of wind power

Some interesting data on the (low) efficiency of wind power:

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/04/06/whoa-windfarms-in-uk-operate-well-belo
w-advertised-efficiency/#more-37420

--- Max

Thanks Max.  I was a big fan of wind power until ~2008.  Starting in that
year, I began making frequent trips coast to coast, and saw wind farms in
various places.  I noted the locations and set my computer to remind me to
look out the window when various wind farms were coming into view.  It is
something that burned an image into my retinas: most of the time in most of
those wind farms, all of the turbines were sitting still and quiet.