[ExI] US traffic deaths dropped to new low

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 19:05:57 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 9:42 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> I predict we will not see
> auto-autos in the next couple decades at least.

Sweet! Want to go on Stewart Brand's Long Now web site and make a wager? :-)

I can't imagine a case where autonomous vehicles aren't the default in
2025. People are just too slow, too inattentive (and getting worse),
and too drunk at times to drive cars as safely as a good computerized
system.

And yes, I agree with BillK that initially it will be something the
driver initiates when he feels comfortable.

-Kelly