[ExI] Efficiency of wind power.

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Apr 9 04:11:24 UTC 2011

2011/4/8 John Clark <Jonkc at bellsouth.net>:
> >... killing birds looking ugly and making noise.

>...I'm all for killing ugly birds that make noise.  If birds are anything
like foxes then in as few as 8 generations they'll be more attractive and
quieter.

In a few generations, the ugly noisy birds will be afraid of wind turbines,
along with their attractive quiet cousins.

There are some places where wind power definitely does pay and does make
sense.  These are often not near population centers, so the cost of
transporting the power is too great, such as out in Wyoming for instance.
What I envision is that they will be used to do stuff like electroplating
metals out of solution which takes a buttload of energy, or in making
synthetic octane from coal.  I haven't done the numbers on these processes,
so I don't know if it out-pencils.