[ExI] Fuel efficient car for anywhere but America

Max More max at maxmore.com
Sun Apr 10 17:42:15 UTC 2011

On the negative side of diesel, not only is it more expensive -- at least in
the USA; I don't recall the difference the last times I was in Europe -- but
it seems that cars and trucks running on diesel are MUCH noiser. Is this a
necessary feature of diesel. (I find that unlikely.) If not, why does it
seem to be typical? I see and hear small pick-up trucks that sound like
enormous commercial trucks ("lorries" for the UK). Can someone point me to a
*brief* but informative answer?

--- Max

--
Max More