[ExI] Paleo diet and sustainability

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 08:43:50 UTC 2011

2011/4/12 Max More wrote:
> Samantha: It doesn't seem like you read any of the relevant references J.
> Stanton and I provided on this exact point.

Reading those references doesn't mean that you have to agree with them.  :)
Those references are from paleo enthusiasts looking for an excuse to
farm animals for their steaks.

Sustainable agriculture involves things like crop rotation and
recycling vegetable waste back into the land. Over-application of
animal waste as fertiliser causes pollution problems outside the
farming area.

There may be a case for grazing some animals on very poor pasture
land, but not as a major source of food production.

<https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Sustainable_agriculture>

BillK