[ExI] The run up to the singularity

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Apr 14 14:01:39 UTC 2011

>"Rutkowski cited the company Zynga that created Farmville as being worth
almost $12 billion now and it "didn't even exist 18 months ago".

http://www.techworld.com.au/article/383125/facebook_biggest_bank_by_2015/?fp
=2&fpid=1

Keith

That silly game came out of nowhere and has millions of people playing it.
Oddly enough, it may have caused the value of farmland to go crazy, because
a million amateur farmers want to try their hand at the real thing.  I am
sorely tempted to try to subdivide my folks' farm into about 40 one-hectare
lots and sell them for 30k each, while offering a standing crew which does
in real life what Farmvillers do in  the virtual world.  Imagine all those
contiguous postage stamp hobby farms being run by people with desk jobs in
the city, what could possibly go wrong?