[ExI] Recent human evolution repost

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Mon Apr 18 13:41:29 UTC 2011

Il 18/04/2011 9.32, Kelly Anderson ha scritto:
> On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 6:31 PM, Keith Henson
> <hkeithhenson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 10:10 AM, Kelly Anderson
>> <kellycoinguy at gmail.com> wrote: On average, the next generation of
>> rich parents *was* poorer.

> I am somewhat familiar with these studies and what they imply. I'm
> just unconvinced that the selection pressure in England really
> selected for thrift, prudence, negotiation and hard work, even if
> these are ultimately based in genetics. I see the point, I get the
> hypothesis, I simply don't see it as convincing over and above the
> memes that were towering over the country.

It selected for the same in other places of Europe also.
The advantage of England was/is to be an island, so it was safe from
foreign invasions that could have slowed the coming of the Industrial
Revolution as they slowed or stopped it in Holland and Italy.

--
Leggimi su Extropolitica Blog <http://extropolitca.blogspot.com/>

Leggimi su Estropico Blog <http://estropico.blogspot.com/>

*Mirco Romanato*

-----
Nessun virus nel messaggio.
Controllato da AVG - www.avg.com
Versione: 10.0.1209 / Database dei virus: 1500/3580 -  Data di rilascio: 17/04/2011