[ExI] "Atlas Shrugged" film review

Isabelle Hakala ismirth at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 02:09:49 UTC 2011

I haven't read much Ayn Rand. I have only read Atlas Shrugged, which I felt
was a good explanation of the extremes. I found the book to be compelling in
a way towards self-understanding of what my views are.

The film version left out every single bit of intensity possible. I was
literally  *bored* while watching it. I was aghast because I have listed to
it as an audio book at least 20 times. This LA times review really hits it
on the head. I feel that the director missed every single point that was
made. The movie was dumbed down so much that there was literally nothing
left to comprehend. If you had not read the book first I doubt you would
have any idea what was going on in the film.