[ExI] Skylon as first stage.

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 15:47:38 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 9:12 AM, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:
> When we're looking at kW/kg, we shouldn't forget that the
> kg is at ~Mach 25, and it came from the bottom of the gravity
> well which taxes your EROEI -- unless it came from lunar material.

How much of the material necessary to create solar power satellites is
easily obtainable from the moon?

Also, the rocket that runs from a laser based on the ground... could
that work from the moon just as well? What would the propellant be?
Since there are no airplanes on the moon, it seems like a bit
safer/easier place for that system.

I assume the water from the moon topic has been done here.
http://www.ted.com/talks/bill_stone_explores_the_earth_and_space.html

-Kelly